Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.
April 12, 2012
orchid show, local style
I did my best with my iPhone camera.
Aren't these just exquisite flowers though? I happened upon the annual orchid show at a local mall last weekend. It's amazing what can happen when we love our plants.
I grew up thinking orchids were the fussiest of flowers, impossible to cultivate and keep. And then I moved to Los Angeles, where you can pick them up at Trader Joe's -- these exquisite flowers -- for $6.99. A "dead" one just flowered on my porch after sitting there for months and months with no water!
5 comments:
I grew up thinking orchids were the fussiest of flowers, impossible to cultivate and keep. And then I moved to Los Angeles, where you can pick them up at Trader Joe's -- these exquisite flowers -- for $6.99. A "dead" one just flowered on my porch after sitting there for months and months with no water!
Amazing what an iPhone camera can do - and what people with a seriously green thumb can too! :)
lovely!!!!
Great phone shots!!! xo
Beautiful! I just bought an orchid plant last night!
Post a Comment