Recently I have considered that everything we do is just activity, and how amazing it would be if I could find peace in all activities, regardless of whether they are work or play.
Does doing something repeatedly make it "work," like washing dishes every night?
But doing the dishes while chatting with your best friend you haven't seen in a year is not much work at all.
The key is to have as much fun as you can no matter what you are doing. And to learn to do the work you dislike efficiently. When it comes to the kids, novelty helps. Like letting them try baking, or making an egg sandwich, or washing a car by themselves for the first time.
Yes, at our house a carwash, cooking and baking, arranging food, making maple snow, and even homework can be playtime. That is, if the homework involves a phone call on Mom's cell phone where you get to interview both grandparents about what life was like when they were children.
16 comments:
You're absolutely right, but there's nothing I find more tedious than making meals each day (grocery shopping, cooking, washing dishes etc) - perhaps I don't have enough best friends to chat with! :)
Lovely Corner View! You are so right . . . we do have to learn how to play more :-)
Karyn
totally agree with you when you say The key is to have as much fun as you can no matter what you are doing
have a great day playing
Whole live can be one big playground!
I like your outlook! I can see the kids are becoming great chefs. Their food looks tasty. Enjoy! xo
i like this!
great attitude towards life and so true.
again, it is how and not what..
i try to think of having a bubble bath with my kitchen utensils rather than doing the dishes, that helps.
Play and Work and often combined - the kids play on the swings / I work pushing them! But I'm not complaining.... you can never get enough playtime and I think we forget that as we grow older and have more responsibilities. Hooray for more Play!
That's how I like life to be lived! Maybe I don't succeed often, but your post is so speaking to my heart! And those arranged vegetables are so adorable!
I like that philosophy!
Great attitude!
I agree that it helps doing things with the little Tops - the energy they put into spring cleaning, for example, just because it's the first time they really help out.
(Ignoring the fact that this novelty will wear off in the end. We'll come to that bridge when we cross it.)
Nicki
so, you have unveiled the secret to happiness, you :)
I like that what you say. It is very true.
for sure, you've reached the core of our existence. there is no work, just play.
now, this morning i am gong to try to play those walls downstairs, that desperately need plastering...
;)))
n♥
ps - the silver duct tape shapes? they modeled for my post, i'm not sure what to do with these exactly. probably stock them...
I find that things that would normally tire me out in my head before they physically did, actually get done with fun when done with a grandchild or two or six! I think company and perspective have a lot do with whether you enjoy it or not. Excellent post. Terrific shots of your kids!
A lovely perspective on work and play and a great collection of pictures to accompany your thoughts on the theme. :)
Post a Comment