Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

April 30, 2012

animal love

The kids got their dose of animal love last weekend at our local goat farm.  We all got to try milking.

We have recently discovered goat mozarella.  For a family with cow milk sensitivity, this is a bit of heaven.  We have been making pizzas, (yes Francesca), and I am planning to attempt my very first lasagne.

I have decided on our family farm we will have two goats, a mama and a baby girl.  I am trying to get Gary to agree on goats, chickens and bees.  So far he has nixed the first two, but surprisingly he is okay with goats.  

2 comments:

Joyce said...

Being surrounded by nature and animals give us a daily dose of love and peace. I didn't know you had a family farm- cool! My husband loves honey and has thought numerous times of having his own bees, but I am worried about our neighbors being too close. Maybe someday we can move with more acres. xo

Isabelle said...

I would love to try the goat mozarella !!