Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

July 15, 2011

giverny

 
A train ride followed by a bike ride through a town, over a bridge and down a long quiet path brought us to to Claude Monet's house.  We finally found it after getting lost AND getting a flat tire on one of the bikes...
But then we saw it.
The most exquisite garden in front of our eyes.

No wonder he painted the magic he did.  His genius and the colors in these gardens.  The garden design centered on a large pond.  Wanderey paths to get lost on, while butterflies darted and danced in pure joy.  I have never see anything like it!

Giverny.  A beautiful word to describe an even more beautiful place.

6 comments:

Cobalt Violet said...

How gorgeous! I have always wanted to go there! You all look like you are having such an amazing time!
What wonderful memories you are all making together!

When are you back in LA?

likeschocolate said...

OOOh! I am jealous! I have always wanted to go there. Someday!

SARO Arabic said...

hello theresa, real lovely, what opportunity you and your family have to experience such beauty. thank you for sharing it with us.

Francesca said...

I love it that you rented bikes! a garden and a place I will have to visit some day ...

KathyA said...

Wonderful! These photos bring back such great memories, too. When we visited Giverny -- the children were 10, 9 and 6. The two older ones began fighting on the famous bridge over the water lilies. I could just picture them going over the edge!!!

Kay said...

I've never been here, but I love Monet and would love to see this someday. Your children are very lucky to have this experience.