Favorite fiction you ask? The first thing I thought about was how much I am not a bookworm, and how I secretly wish I were, because I associate well read people with high intelligence. My favorite fictional pieces of writing? Tough because although I love creativity, I tend to prefer reading true stories or educational books.
So here goes:
*a hilarious book I read in my 20's called Cowboys are my Weakness by Pam Houston...
*The Book of Qualities by J. Ruth Gendler, whom Gary and I met and did a creative writing workshop with...
*The Christmas Box by Richard Paul Evans. A self published book that became a New York Times bestseller...
*my sister Jill's poetry, wish I could dig it up quickly, but alas it is packed away...
But then I realized that fiction could refer to theater, film, comedy skits, poetry, songs, artists!
I think given this broad scope that my favorite fiction right now is my entertaining husband and children, who create elaborate characters that make me laugh out loud. One came onto the scene last summer and has visited regularly, on and off with our family, since last June! I am referring my husband's character Stanley. If only you could all meet him!

13 comments:
hahahaa....for me was fiction: books...i did not think of acteurs, poem or whatever! And your husband!!
I'm curious to the poem of your sister.
The x-mas Tree Box? I don't know it, also not the other books!
I thinnk you probably have favorite fictions at home with your sweet band :) this photo of your daughter is so funny !
I'm interested in the first book you mention ! is the title evocative or does it have to do nothing with the content ?!
ps : how are your vacation plans coming along ?! xo
you sound so tempting...! now i want to know and see it all... ;)
n♥
funny, I would have thought of you as a book worm given that you home school your children and you are so creative.
Stanley? Let's see!
It was the same with me: I just thought fiction in terms of books. But there's really a LOT more!
Let's all come to see Stanley in person! ;o))
I would like to see Stanley too. It sounds like there is not only a lot of entertainment, music, but alot of laughter in your corner! xo
Personal family fiction - much better than books!
Once upon a time .... Stanley..... Maybe more in an upcoming Corner View? ;)
Have a nice day.
I tend toward fiction -- duh -- what would one expect of an English teacher??? And I'd love to meet Stanley, too!
travel safe and swiftly - i think they'll just about wait for you! and i agree with you - hey we all know that truth can be stranger and sometimes more compelling than fiction! like em both.
I find myself enjoying true stories and educational books these days.
I'd like to meet Stanley someday.
Your family creates fiction all the time.
Post a Comment