Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

May 8, 2011

mother's day

my mother's garden

I couldn't have asked for a sweeter day.  I woke up and had breakfast in bed made by my boy (first he dropped the egg on the floor but PHEW it didn't crack)!  There was a sweet love letter from Gary, an improv comedy show from Annabel, a school pipe cleaner/flower art project gift and handmade card from Shawnie, some down time gardening and relaxing, a power walk, and later my family took me out to dinner followed by gelato.

I didn't do a single dish today!

And the biggest surprise, the kids recorded one of my favorite songs in 8 part harmony!  It is gorgeous.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Sounds perfect and you are certainly deserving of such a wonderful day!

Joyce said...

A so deserving day fit for a queen. Big hugs... xo

;) said...

Sweet day :)