Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

February 9, 2011

corner view~my favorite actor

I love live theater and movies.  I love getting lost in a story.  I love the magic of cinema, and special effects, the way the sound track moves the story along, and the perfect choice of songs used at perfect moments.

An actor brings you into their art unlike any other creative form.  With painting, dance, poetry, literature while the artist's personality effects what they create, it is not directly about them.  Whereas with an actor, and often a singer, they are the medium.  And what they create with their gestures, their voice, glances, it can feel so personal.
    
My favorite actor?  I can't decide.  There are so many talented actors.  To name a few -- I admire Meryl Streep for her depth and poise, Jodi Foster for her beauty and intensity, Richard Gere, well for being Richard Gere, Renee Zellweger for her cool voice and her uniqueness, Michael Douglas for his pure brilliance, and there is something so cool about Kevin Bacon!

There are some amazing child actors as well.  Dakota Fanning. Abigail Breslin. Jaden Smith.  And Lili Reinhart, my daughter's friend.  Remember that name.  I think you will see her on the big screen someday.
Thanks, Skylar, for this idea.  Next week, the theme is Valentine's Day.  How is it celebrated in your country?  Do you have any personal traditions?

19 comments:

nadine paduart said...

i'll try not to forget the name, theresa!

Tiphaine said...

Hey Thereesa, I am not an asidue corner viewer but I'm around...as you say, the talents can be so different and bring us so much.....dificult to choose.....have a lovely day !

cate said...

the excitement that your kids and you take in the acting world is the sweetest! thanks, theresa, for sharing your family a little bit with all of US.

likeschocolate said...

Yes, there are so many to choose from and sometime you just can't compare them. My favorites tend to be ones who can play the comedy just as well as the Drama when you forget who they are as an actor and really see the character.

;) said...

I like theater and cinema for the same reasons... and, it's really difficult to choose, you're right! So, we can do CV for all the actors that give us emotions...

Joyce said...

A wonderful topic indeed this week. There are so many actors of yesterday, today and the ones of tomorrow we don't even know yet. xo

flowtops said...

I like 'em all!

Anonymous said...

i agree with your comment about richard gere and kevin bacon. :)

Ian said...

She certainly has a star's name.

Annemiek said...

Hi Theresa, Yes, there are so much talented actors. It was easy for me to pick one though, you'll find him on my blog ;o)

Redeker said...

wow with ths stars too!!!
i did walk tehre one time, long ago! and than i flew away from LA, stars or no stars!!

Mlle Paradis said...

there's no business like show business! oh yes! richard gere!

Kari said...

i love theatre and movies - the magic.
I'll look out for that name.
thanks for hosting CV.

Skylar said...

Yeah, I love Jodie foster, she was hilarious in Nim's Island as the neurotic lady who wouldn't leave her house. :P

Francesca said...

I don't think I like live theater as much as I like movies!

RosaMaría said...

yes, is hard chose just one!

tanïa said...

Couldn't decide either! I'd love to walk the Walk Of Fame, too! :)

shayndel said...

Great photos of all the stars!!

sunnymama said...

Sorry I missed this week's corner view but looking forward to Valentine's Day! Hope you're having a great weekend! :)