Gifts from our garden. One of the joys of life. Right now I am harvesting tulsi too. I have about fifteen huge plants and they are in desperate need of pruning. If I get my act together I will have some friends here to help me pluck the leaves. It is time consuming, but once they are dried I send them to an organization that bags them, sells them as tea, and this money goes to charity.
Has anyone heard of, or had tulsi tea? Tulsi has many medicinal properties...it is an incredible herb. Read more about it here. Hmmm, maybe I should do a tulsi tea giveaway! I have some dried, am getting ready to ship it off. I could save a bag for my blog friends. Would anyone be interested? :)
7 comments:
I will have to tell my sister in law about this herb. She suffers dearly with skin problems and allergies.
I read your earlier post also about Tulsi. I'd never heard of it before....but WOW! It may be the wonder herb, considering all of the wonderful things it's good for. I get nervous taking anything new though. I'm allergic to almost EVERYTHING! The things I've found that I'm not allergic to are what I've stuck with for all these years...I'm curious as to what it tastes like though. :-)
I'm sure I had this the other week, or something sounding very similar. It sounds amazing anyway!
p.s. where are you going in France? x
Oh Theresa, this tea not only sounds good, but is good for us! With all of my health mishaps I have developed asthma and have some stomach issues. I'm not sure where you live, but do you know if I can grow this in the Chicago area (we are zone 5)? My employer has loves teas and has a lot of allergies too.
I don't want to sound greedy, but sure I would love to be added to your give away. Many hugs... xo
I have never tested tulsi, but I'm curious ;)
Very, very interesting -- I'd not heard of tulsi before. What does the tea taste like? I drink ginger tea, Calm, camomile, raspberry, women's toner, Earl Grey, black Ceylon decaf, and Good Earth decaf green tea with lemongrass. -- These are my faves.
I haven't tried tulsi tea but that's a great picture! :)
Post a Comment