Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

February 12, 2011

saturday

I have been very busy this week with the music business work.  But it is a lot of fun for me.

I keep thinking I will get to my writing...ha ha ha.

Today I took a morning walk and connected with an old friend on the cell phone, worked on marketing Gary's music, made impromptu lunch for impromptu guests, washed a bunch of dishes, did an recycled random object art project with Shawn and Annabel (left the mess on the floor, we will finish tomorrow), and watched part of Jerry Macguire.  I also read a blog and watched webinars of a woman in the kids entertainment biz.  Sky won a contest this week and has a free Skype session with her.  The kids occupied themselves all day.  The two youngest played together from morning til night, while Sky recorded music most of the day.  I did read to my boy at night, he sure does love that. 

I did this painting about ten years ago, in watercolor.  I especially enjoyed working with gold paint.  I met a woman last night whose children are grown now, men in their 30's.  She was visiting here on vacation and showed me her sketchbook filled with drawings and watercolor paintings, a hobby she has just begun exploring.  She was talking about how happy she is at this point in her life after raising her sons to have more time to do things she enjoys.

I do sometimes wish for more free time. But for now I am am enjoying life with our busy family in our often messy house!

8 comments:

likeschocolate said...

I know what you mean! I keep telling my husband busy is a good thing.

PoetessWug said...

The fusion of colors in your painting are very nice. In my mind, the name of it is "Happy Busy"!...Have a good rest of the day! :-)

Joyce said...

love, love the artwork!!! It matches the roses I posted on Friday. Enjoy! xo

Redeker said...

it is a nice colorful painting! i wish you have more time to make more of this!
my daughter was working on her school stuff, and she put music in, she said: what a nice music!!
guess which cd.....!

Francesca said...

It would be so nice to have both the free time, and the busy family life, wouldn't it? I guess either we compromise somewhat, or we get hired help :)
PS I have no idea of what webinars in the kids entertainment biz are!

KathyA said...

Your life is full and wonderful!

Supermodel Blogger said...

Gorgeous.

Supermodel Blogger said...

Such a happy painting! Gorgeous.