We get more clouds in the winter. Some days it is overcast and we don't see the sun at all. I like these days, they feel cozy to me, I like putting on a sweater, long pants, socks. When I swim in the ocean the water is cooler now. I go to the sea, but not as frequently. I swim for shorter periods. The other day we got a heavy rainstorm. It was beautiful, but some of my lettuces got a bit pummeled, and then more bugs came. I am going to plant new babies now. Onion, basil, and a few types of lettuce as well as stir fry greens. Our compost is rich and fertile, and the birds come and feed from it. We don't mind, we like to share.
8 comments:
really? you put on socks?!? ;)
Sounds like a nice time...watching the clouds roll on by :-)
it sounds wonderful Theresa! you have some winter days with rain and clouds... and you have the ocean very close and a perfect weather for gardening too... perfect!!
so - really!!!! missed your last post! how lovely! thx so much! i will send you an email theresa.
yeah we didn't mind the cooler weather so much when it arrived in HNL, could have done without that 40 days and nights of rain in '06 though!
Yes, and I believe you are really getting your share of that wet weather! Those skies are truly beautiful and what fun it would be for my being able to plant some lettuce and herbs.
Sounds lovely. These days, I put on four layers of clothing at least, just to keep warm inside the house!
you lucky ! i love to swim... but in the Atlantic here sometimes it's 10 months before we can dip a foot in the water ! brrr !
happy winter days to you xo
So, thanks for sharing!
I wish you a Merry Christmas.
Post a Comment