Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

December 22, 2010

corner view~the december holidays


In December we celebrate Christmas with the children.  Over the years we have created our own traditions starting with a tree that we decorate.  We give gifts to our families, the kids' teachers, some friends.  We also give gifts to one another that we open on December 25th.  Santa comes.  I share the story of the nativity.  We sing carols.  Tonight we recorded one in 4 part harmony, it was wonderful fun, and concentrated effort too.  I like to bake and it has just gotten cooler here and I now feel like baking.  Usually we make cookies, pies, puddings.  Perhaps a gingerbread man will come for a visit, only to be eaten by hungry children.  I think that would be lovely. 

These days I find myself craving time alone, time for quiet reflection. Yesterday we watched the lunar eclipse.  It was too cloudy for us to see out our window so we watched via NASA live satellite.  It was amazing.  Tonight the moon was shining in the sky, but it looked like there was a trace of orange still there.    

Every New Year's Eve Gary and I talk about all of the things we did that year, we tell stories and re-live our year.  We say goodbye to what was as we look forward to what will be. 

Have a wonderful holiday!  Let's take a break from corner view for a couple of weeks and resume on January 12th.  The theme for that day will be "winter."  I will look forward to some photos of the white powdery stuff.   

27 comments:

l i s e said...

i love this photo
happy happy holidays to you all
xxx

hinke said...

happy days for you, too!

tanïa said...

Happy holidays to all of you! I'm looking forward to see you again next year! Take care! :)

Anonymous said...

Have a lovely holiday break! I hope you have lovely times ahead, and also time to "pause and reflect."

Daan said...

Happy holidays dear Theresa for you and your lovely family!

All the luck for 2011

see yoy the 12th of January! (we have lots of snow at the moment ...)

Cole said...

Lovely beach! I hope to have some wintery pictures to share as well! Happy Holidays!

Joyce said...

Wishing you and your family the best of the season and a golden New Year! Merry Christmas my friend!!! xo

PS Everytime I walk by my little dish holding the sweet dried flowers I think of you and send warm wishes your way!

Conny said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family. I look forward to hearing stories of your holidays next year. I'm going to have to search for something wintery for the next CV - you know how the Bay Area is so wet and cold then - I'll have to try to find something nice.

Again, have a wonderful time. Cheers~

Elizabeth said...

I feel certain that your Christmas traditions with your beautiful family are equally as beautiful. I am grateful that we met this year and look forward to seeing you in the new one!

KathyA said...

How fitting to speak of new beginnings with a photo by the sea.

Merry Christmas!

Barbaramama said...

Happy Holidays!
Just picked up the Corner views again but this is the last one this year? Theresa, will you be so kind to add me to your sidebar? Thanks!

See you all in Januari!

Xxx Barbara

Mlle Paradis said...

i'm afraid i will be letting you down on january 12th - unless i manage to find a snow machine (and that probably is possible in l.a.)

happy baking! and Have a Wonderful Christmas! i'm heading over to email to send you my address but NO HURRIES. send it after all the festivities are over!

Annemiek said...

Hi Theresa, i joined CV for the first time today, i love the theme :o)
I wish you happy holidays!

Mlle Paradis said...

oh, i thought i had your email address and i hate those other google emails.

here's mine, passagesparadis@hotmail.com

sorry to make it a little complicated! aloha!

Deniz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Deniz said...

Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones. see you next year
xo

Annabel said...

I love Christmas! It's all about presents and treats. (Two of my favorite things!) ;) Sometimes the giving is as fun as the receiving. Seeing that look on their face...

Isabelle said...

the sky is beautiful in your place ... Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to you and all your family !!

nadine paduart said...

you have good, good holidays now. seems like you've gotten hold of all the right ingredients...
till january,
nadine
x

Kari said...

Merry Christmas Theresa to you and your family.
I love December's!

Francesca said...

I also find that this is the time for quiet reflection. Happy Holidays, Theresa!

natsumi said...

Beautiful beach photo!!
Happy holidays to you all!!

xoxo
natsumi

Grey Lemon said...

Very Happy Xmas Holidays!!

shayndel said...

Beautiful photo! I agree, time to oneself in the end of year is precious, as well as family time too:))
Happy Holidays!!
xo

Cobalt Violet said...

Happy Holidays and I love your New Years tradition of honoring the past and looking to the future!
Blessings and light to you!

;) said...

Beautiful !

I wish you a happy new year, full of joy!

likeschocolate said...

Wishing you a Happy New Year!