This is one of the most beautiful and peaceful places I have ever been. It is a small town about 45 minutes from San Francisco, in the San Geronimo Valley. It is ten minutes from the sweet small town of Fairfax. Our dear friends, the Edwards, moved out here several years ago onto a wonderful property that they have been enjoying ever since. Andreas was one of the first people to talk about sustainability. He got a hybrid car when they were just made, and has had solar panels for years. Years ago he and Rochelle took Gary and I to a camping place called Shenoa, where I was first introduced to straw bale houses. Andreas is the author of The Sustainabilty Revolution. http://www.sustainabilityrevolution.com/
Rochelle is an awesome friend, a great mother, and as Skylar once said as a toddler, "a good cooker." She makes her home a haven and I always love to visit.

Their backyard area for chickens, complete with a live roof.
Rochelle and Naomi. I met Rochelle in an exercise class when Sky was a new baby, and Naomi was born soon thereafter. We were part of a mom's group for years, that still meets a few times a year. 


The girls picking berries.
No comments:
Post a Comment