
My sister and family live in the small town of Avon, N.Y. We celebrated the Fourth of July with them and my parents. We picked all sorts of lettuces from their garden, had a great meal, and then walked a couple of blocks to their main street for the parade. All of the kids were SO excited.



I love the fourth of July. Probably because it's my birthday month, summer vacations were always so fun, and I love a parade. When I was a kid we went to a parade much like this, in the town of Penfield, N.Y. (sans the tractors and tow trucks) every year. Then there was a huge carnival-like party all day at a local public school grounds with food and games and music and tons of friends. One year our gymnastics team did a performance. At night there were awesome fireworks. We would bring blankets and sweatshirts, and as it got dark we would sit down and relax, sticky and sweaty from a day of running around with our friends and eating junk. When the fireworks came I would swear I was in Heaven.

No comments:
Post a Comment