Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

July 26, 2008

10 fellows road

This is the house I grew up in. It is now owned by a Chinese family who owns the only Chinese restaurant in town. You can't get a good photograph from the front, because the trees are too large now. These are trees my father planted many years ago. I took the kids on a ride down memory lane, through my old town. There are more houses, bigger malls, and certainly more people living there. But many things remain the same...

The goose lady is still there, or at least one of her relatives, or a person who bought her house and has the same hobby of keeping pigeons. Why do people keep pigeons? Well the house is no different. This was a half mile walk from our house. Whenever we walked by her geese would come after us and hiss. We learned to hiss back.
Our address was 10 Fellows Road. A friendly name
for a street. Much happier than Stoney Lonesome!


farmhouse down the street

barn on our street

The infamous Furman hill, where I used to ride my bike when I wanted a good workout. I took the kids to the very top and came to the house of Wayne Bortle, a boy who had so many siblings, that he was an uncle at 12 years old! His house hasn't changed at all.

No comments: