All the small things make up the whole of our lives. We look back through snapshots and remember moments, like the four-year-old birthday party with the flowerpot ice cream, served individually to each child. The trip years ago to St. Barth's and how fun it was, how much planning it took, so many small details to propel us to that tiny landing strip that ended right at the ocean's edge. The search for a new car with numerous test drives before we picked the one that worked best for us.
And there are so many small things to attend to. I have heard a quote that says the way a person deals with the small things reflects their character.
Mothers (and fathers) have so many small things to do. They work, they take care of their home and children. Life can get mundane for some. For me it doesn't get mundane. I enjoy cleaning, changing the beds, vacuuming the rooms, cooking and even washing dishes. Especially when I have hours of free time to get to some of this before I go paint. The time in the art studio is a reward for my efforts. It happens occasionally.
I enjoy most of my daily chores. It's just that there is so much to do that I never feel caught up, and at this point in my life I don't get much free time. So the small things can sometimes become stressful and feel more like a chore than a blessing. A list that I never get through in a given day, that carries over to the next day.
But it is a blessing to have a home to care for, to have children to feed that fill our home with laughter, excitement, crazy noise and rock 'n roll, to have a spouse I love to share this busy life with. It is important to remember this, always.
9 comments:
this is a wonderful post.
I agree with you about the to do list being a never ending one! carrying over day after day ... but you are right about the blessing we have! a home, children, spouse, love, life ... all of these things!
Well said.
it is a beautiful ode, your small things. i like every single bit in it too. n♥
I like this---you summed up well the importance of the small things in our lives--so true.
The old adage goes: "God is in the details". I believe that all the small stuff is important! Nice post :)
I am with you! While sometimes I wouldn't love to change some of the chores for free time, I know that in a blink of any eye their will be less chores and a quiet house. I love my family and consider it a blessing to serve them. Have a great week!
Kelleyn
http://travelingbugwiththreeboys-kelleyn.blogspot.com/2013/10/all-small-things-corner-view.html
Beautiful words! We should all take time to enjoy and be thankful for our daily routine!
true, and beautifully said Theresa!
all your small things makes an exciting live!
beautiful reflections on the small things, and in the way you feel them in daily life and family...
I have silly urge to share, reading about your `cleaning` and chores, I felt a little guilty?! I just decided after 14 years of living in the same apartment that I will hire a cleaning service to come in one day and clean!!! I always do it myself of course all these years, but somehow just this day I made that decision to get it done, so reading your post made me smile at the timing, also I posted a photo of small flowers in grass that also I felt an affinity with your photo! ♡
Post a Comment