Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

December 31, 2012

goodbye 2012

Our 2012...My little Annabel became a teenager!  Shawn played on a basketball team.  I went on a meditation retreat.  Our dear friends visited us all the way from Virginia.  All the kids were in public school.  Sky was in high school, hard to believe!  I began to paint again and to meditate daily.  We took a summer trip and went to Tahoe and Santa Cruz.  We went back to the place where we once lived, where all of our children were born.  We went to Chicago.  We visited the east coast and saw family.  We road tripped to DC and Virginia.  Gary and I went to NYC for a couple of days.  It was a summer of seeing many old friends and cousins and family.  The kids went back to school at three different schools.  We began feeding the homeless monthly.  Sky got her driver's permit!  Gary recorded another album.  Annabel began writing songs on guitar.  Shawn learned to play the piano.  Sky worked on an album too.  And Annabel was in her first big theater production.  It was a great year with many blessings.

I am always blown away by the passage of time -- how it reflects change.  It some ways time moves so slowly and a person can sometimes feel stuck.  But when you look back over an entire year you realize that growth is happening, bit by bit.  And growth and positive change is what keeps me going.

Happy New Year to all of my readers, family and friends.  I appreciate you all.
~T   

2 comments:

Beth said...

Wow! An incredible year for you all! You and your husband are doing a fantastic job of having adventures and making positive memories while the kids are still 'under your roof'! The time does go so quickly. My daughter just turned 37--so hard to believe!

One thing I still can't quite figure out: where exactly do you live now?

Happy 2013 to you!

likeschocolate said...

Happy 2013! Wishing you another happy year!