Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

December 10, 2012

annie

I love theater.  This past weekend Annabel was in Annie.  She played Lily St. Regis, and got to be the bad girl -- the ditzy Jersey girl.  And wear tons of makeup, which she loved.  It was an impressive middle school show with a large cast.  Their school's first musical ever.  Annabel did great - she had to act, sing and dance, all in heels.  The girl who played Miss Hannigan was hilarious.  The kids worked hard and had a lot of fun.  

The last couple of weeks I went to some rehearsals and helped out a bit.  The director was happy for any time I was willing to give.  I worked with kids on confidence and projecting their voice, stage presence, a little with singing.  It was really rewarding and it seemed to help.  I love working with kids and luckily Annabel enjoyed having me around helping with her friends.  I guess I'm not the coolest mom, but I'm also not the weirdest mom.  I'm somewhere in the middle.  As long as I don't break into song in front of her friends I'm good.      

3 comments:

likeschocolate said...

In high school for chorus we sang all the songs from Annie! I still know them by heart. I can't wait until Addy is old enough to see the movie!

Elizabeth said...

BRAVA!

Francesca said...

brava to you, for coaching, and to Annabel - I'm not surprised to see her on the stage!