Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

October 25, 2011

corner view~exotic

Some shots of our of our local flora and fauna, each one a sculpture in its own right. 

And a quote I liked.  

I did not want to be a tree, a flower or a wave. In a dancer's body, we as audience must see ourselves, not the imitated behavior of everyday actions, not the phenomenon of nature, not exotic creatures from another planet, but something of the miracle that is a human being. - Martha Graham


Have a great week my friends!

14 comments:

Francesca said...

what a beautiful quote.
on a different note, we've had horrendous storms in the last couple of days, and Vernazza and the 5 terre got flooded - here are some shocking images (autumn and winter weather can be pretty dreadful around here, you only saw the summer!) http://genova.repubblica.it/cronaca/2011/10/25/foto/la_piena_a_vernazza-23864896/1/

Dana said...

I see the sculptures, Theresa.
Thanks for brightening my wet and dreary day . . .
Dana

Beth said...

Gorgeous flowers! Must be wonderful to be experiencing that part of our world right now!
Wonderful quote also. I think I may add it to my quote collection for my students' notebook journaling. Thank you. :>)

Redeker said...

beautiful pictures and quote!
it feels warm!

Bonnie said...

oh those are STUNNING !!! i love flowers !

here is mine ... http://bonnie-simple-beauty.blogspot.com/2011/10/exotic-corner-view.html

Debra said...

Oooh! I was especially looking forward to your pictures. Beautiful flowers.

tanïa said...

Beau-ti-ful collection of exotic flowers!!

Joyce said...

I love quotes and this is one I'm adding to my list. I knew I would see a bit of paradise in your exotic corner. xo

Crochet Renee' said...

Beautiful pictures of exotic flowers!

Heather said...

Gorgeous flowers - if they are all in your yard, I am hopelessly jealous.

Kristin said...

Beautiful flowers.

Cobalt Violet said...

So gorgeous! Amazing flowers! Great quote too.

gis said...

All those flowers are so adorable, and the quote made me smile and think. Thanks ;-)!

nadine paduart said...

okay, and i find your later post even more exotic!!! ;)))
n♥