FYI: There are going to be many posts about the Cinque Terre region in Italy. That is because we travelled there this summer and it was the most amazing and beautiful, and super special and relaxing vacation I have ever had. By far my favorite place in Italy, and this was my third trip to Italy. And so I took a ton of photos. We were there for six days!
How do you explain a place that from the moment you stepped off the train, you were entranced? I hope these photos can do it justice.
On our first day we arrived via train midday from Annecy, France, walked about seven minutes from the station to our adorable seaside hotel, located right across from the sparkling blue Ligurian Sea. After settling into our ocean view rooms, we took the kids for a walk exploring our town (Monterosso al Mare). We had a wonderful dinner of pasta, prawns, and salad at a restaurant right around the corner from our hotel. And yes, gelato for desert. We all fell asleep breathing the fresh salt air, listening to to the gentle sounds outside our windows of people talking over their dinners and coffee, and the waves crashing.



3 comments:
I'm so glad you had a good time! I know it's become awfully touristy, and hope it hasn't spoiled the beauty of the place.
We are heading there this summer. I can't wait!
So charmingly beautiful. Makes me want to go.
Post a Comment