Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

October 20, 2011

cinqueterre, day three

This day involved breakfast in the hotel.  In fact every day in Monterosso involved this and every breakfast involved some form of chocolate, either in liquid form or in pastries.  Then we walked around our town, Monterosso.  In fact we never left our town this day.  We explored little shops, a street market, an old church, a flower shop, the beach, and saw the most incredible massive sculpture of a man carved from natural rock.  (can you see in in the first photo?)

Later in the day after lunch (and gelato) we went for a swim, and then rested til we ate a wonderful dinner out.  I can't remember the meal now, it has been too long.  But I know it was incredible!

6 comments:

Mary Maru said...

Gorgeous photos! And great fun to see Monterosso through your lens.

likeschocolate said...

BEautiful!

Karyn Taylor-Moore said...

How wonderful! Your blog is giving me very itchy feet!

Francesca said...

I'm sure that rock carving and that building wasn't there when I visited (14 years ago!).

Cobalt Violet said...

... someday ... how beautiful!

Dana said...

I'm sure you've seen the news. It's devastating.
D