After several moves and subsequent years of reflection about the meaning and feeling and experience of what is home, I have come to this conclusion.
External home is not just a place, but also the people inside. Those relationships and the memories we make. The feeling of comfort and relaxation inside a dwelling. Sharing meals, holidays, struggles, growth, laughter and tears. Home is the love of family.
And being at home within oneself is perhaps the greatest task of all. Somewhere in the silence of it all, I am home, no matter what the external circumstances. A lofty goal, yes. But I have had glimpses.


18 comments:
Looks like a beautiful place for the eye ánd the heart.
So well written, Theresa. I agree with all of it.
very nice thougths and very nice photos
happy day at home ?
yes, the love of family, and being at home with oneself. i couldn't agree more. and i love the photo of your lovely room, with all the musical instruments...
True...to be home wherever you.
Beautifully said my friend! Also, a beautiful home. xo
This is your house??? Very nice!!!!!
I do believe you're on to something!
A dreamlike home! It's complete when filled with beloved people!
Agree with you, you have a beautiful home.
The being at home with oneself is the hardest. It is so hard not to listen to all the outside noise.
exactly !
and that's what the quote i choose for this them is all about !
thank you for sharing these photos, your front door & stairs are really grand !
yes, it is hard to be at home within ourselves, i guess much harder than feeling at home around other people.
Lovely words.
A dreamy house for nice people ;)
You have a lovely home (both IRL and within yourself).
so true.
heaven and a half when achieved...
n♥
The best of all--at home both inside and out, lovely gracious home!!
Post a Comment