Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

April 26, 2011

corner view~what's for lunch?

Annabel's specialties, curry tofu and French bean dish

This year both of our girls have been home schooling.  One of the sweetest parts of this experience is that we all get to share lunch, often with Dad too, as he works from home.  This year both girls have gotten into cooking, and many times they have made me some pretty great lunches! 

Although today it was hot and there were some sore throats to soothe, so after eating some leftovers we made "strawberry snow" in the juicer with ice, frozen strawberries, and agave nectar.

17 comments:

nadine paduart said...

that snow just truely sounds miraculous! n♥

Francesca said...

I always encourage my kids' cooking enthusiasm ... hopefully, in a couple of years, they'll be the family chefs! :)

RosaMaría said...

yum! yes, she have the gift!!
aht your so great!!

KathyA said...

Strawberry snow sounds like a nice complement to the curry!

la ninja said...

agave nectar. I'm very curious now.

likeschocolate said...

Meals together are the best! Looks yummy!

Don said...

Lunch sharing- that's the best!

Mezzamay said...

Oh lovely! Must train my two up - so far my son can only make omlettes and dippy eggs!

Victoria | Hibiscus Bloem said...

Oooo the snow sounds sooo good!

Joyce said...

The strawberry snow looks really good and I don't even have a sore throat. I hope the sore throats at your end will get better real soon. I love how you all are able to share your meals together. xo

tanïa said...

This is the kind of snow I'd like to see falling down from the sky...I'd just go out with my mouth wide open! ;o))

Mlle Paradis said...

the strawberry ice sounds delicious! what a great record of your family's life this blog is. hope the kids get to show it to their own kids!

Valerie said...

home school must have plenty of advantages -- while my daughter was in primary school i often thought about it, but it is not really allowed in France -- one being a lunch together with no running after the clock (like me !)
the strawberry snow would tempt anybody !!!

Dorte said...

sounds lovely that you can have lunch together all of you :)

flowtops said...

Yes, the sharing lunches part is the best thing about working from home. We only have a little over 50 minutes before the kids need to get back to school, so no big feasts. I sometimes use agave nectar too, but mostly fresh dates, or just some apple juice.

Oh, and the "stuff" did help, thank you very much! The pain is gone, just a very red eye now. Top1s neck and back seem a bit better too. Still applying every other day or so!

l i s e said...

lunch sharing is great and your strawberry snow looks great
have a great WE

shayndel said...

Annabels tofu curry sounds great,
hope all sore throats are feeling better:))