Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

March 29, 2011

corner view~reflection


Do you ever wish you had the reflective distance to see your life one step removed from it, like a reflection in a mirror?  I wonder if that is what it is like to be enlightened.  I'd like to know.



Then again, there is something to be said for delving into the murkiness.

13 comments:

Joyce said...

I like to think of reflection as water for the mind, heart and soul. When you think of it, the word reflection is powerful, but quiet. xo

Mlle Paradis said...

i would def go for the reflective distance if given a choice. that murk is pretty murky sometimes!

likeschocolate said...

It would be maybe nice especially if you saw good things though mgiht be tough if you saw things you needed to change or did not like about yourself.

flowtops said...

Sometimes I do get to step aside and watch (not lately, though...) And if I do, I always see growth. And room for more growth. And peace.

Francesca said...

Nice photo of you, Theresa. I'd too go for the reflective distance.
PS It was such a pleasure to "meet" Gary!

KathyA said...

Interesting question -- one I would have like to have pondered when I was a younger woman.

nadine paduart said...

i like to think it has something to do with a mirroring reflection... n♥

Janis said...

You look like your daughters...or, your daughters look like you - so cute!

Interesting thought, I'll ponder that one :^)

Li + Belle said...

this is a great self-portrait.

I find it hard to take pictures of themselves. And strange to himself to look at. I do not know if I like it.

;) said...

No doubt that reflection is an help to be enlightened!

Cole said...

Oh my yes. To be able to have the rationale or analytic judgment of watching something unfold that is not available in the midst- what a great superpower that would be!

Don said...

I think we do both although not usually at the same time.

la ninja said...

enlightment is for weaklings :P
give us murky waters, then we'll show what we're really made of (just juesting...)

what's that effect on the last pics?