Time for a new focus for me. I have been working really hard at my new job with my family and their music since May. I have done my work, I have put in a lot of time. Now it's time for me to let those efforts simmer. Meanwhile there's a house to clean!!!!!!
I am also beginning to help with a project with a group I am involved in -- once a month feeding the homeless in my community. Last week we went to the shelter and also visited our community food bank. I was shocked to find out that 10% of our population uses our local food bank! The food bank is always in need of donations. This Friday we are kicking off the feeding program. We will be cooking for 50 - 100 people. I am also helping implement a donation box at my kids' Taekwondo dojang. The idea of helping our community is spreading quickly...that was effortless in fact.
The group I am part of is also planning a garage sale to raise money to feed the homeless. It's a great excuse to clean house. Boy does my place need decluttering! I usually do a big overhaul once a year and last year I didn't. I always have to wait until the weather is cool here because my house gets too hot otherwise. So that only gives me about two months to pull off a full house cleanse. Well, the time has come. It feels so good! :)
I also want to thank my kids for being so patient when I was so busy working these past several months. I can't imagine how moms work part or full time. For me, it was so much to balance!
I guess that what we all to have do with our daily lives right? Find balance of work, play, rest, rejuvenation, creative time, giving to others, etc.
Oh and this Sunday I am also helping to organize a retreat that I will get to be a part of. Four hours of focusing on inner peace. I can't wait!
7 comments:
It all sounds wonderful -- all that giving and barely any getting (although the giving, I'm sure will bring more than getting!).
It's a hell of a struggle, working and raising children at the same time. Now that they are both in school, I look back and wonder how I pulled it off...
Happy Spring Cleaning! I'll wait till March - too cold now to put out all the blankets, carpets, etcetera. (Decluttering is an ongoing issue over here, because Top1 is quite the hoarder.)
Sounds like you have PLENTY of stuff to do alright!...Oh Yeah! Well, have fun! :-)
Well you're certainly busy! Hard to think of spring cleaning when we're still in the throes of winter -- but I can start planning, can't I?
yes, it does sound like you have found your balance.you are an inspiration my dear. :)
Hello Theresa,
I am not certain if I had been your way before to say that I am blogging again.
Retreat, don't we constantly feel we need one. But being busy is a blessing, it means life is working. Enjoy! I am glad to be able to visit again.
sounds so great! good for you!
Post a Comment