Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.
January 25, 2011
corner view~my favorite artist
"To be an artist is to believe in life." - Henry Moore
My favorite artist since my art school days is sculptor Henry Moore. I hunted for a photo of me in front of one of his outdoor pieces, I think it was in Chicago, but I can't find it to scan. If I find it I will post about it later.
Those were the days, when going to an art museum was one of the most thrilling things I could do.
Just searching for these images above on the internet made me hungry to be an artist again. What an honor to have your work displayed in public, for the masses to see and interact with.
In another life I was a metal sculptor. Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if I had tried to make it as a starving artist. :)
Someday I hope to make a difference with my art, my writing, something I create. We shall see... Right now I am helping to sculpt my kids! Well, as much as I can and should...
Next week the theme is "evening sky" and it comes from wanderchow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




21 comments:
i think you may be making the difference already. dreaming abput it, then moving in that direction makes all the difference. i dunno about sculpting your kids though.. ;)
The children and I went to see his collection last year here in Atlanta at the Botanical gardens. It was fun to share with them some art in a setting where they could just be children.
I think sculpting children is more of an art then a science no? That artist is still in you- it's in everything you do.
very orgarnic artist i like it. thanks for the discovery
happy corner day
I like his work too! It was so hard to just list one for me.
How fun will it be to create sculptures with your wonderful words printed/stamped/painted on each piece. BUT you are already a famous sculpture, you created and are imprinting art for all of us to see your children! Now this is art that will keep on living. xo
Two great artists---Henry Moore, and You! I like your choices:))
I like Henry Moore very much too. You should go to Yorkshire Sculpture Park if you haven't been there already.
http://www.ysp.co.uk/whats-on/open-air/henry-moore
Hello Theresa!
It is with pleasure that I replay with this new Corner View, so it is posted! Bye for now! Virginia.
These are quite interesting. You've got me thinking: who is my favorite artist? Need to think on this for a bit.
Thank you for the shout-out! Still trying to decide who my favorite artist is. I think I can't pick just one!
Thank you for your chioce, very beautiful sculptures!
It took me long this time to decide what to post, because I don't have only one favourite artist but adore several! But anyway arts one of my favourite topics! :o)
it's always, always tough to choose between your art and all those other things! when you have kids though, it's no longer a choice! they come first!
great pic, henry moore. wonderful forms.
Beautiful sculptures. I would like to join in the next corner view. I'll be thinking of evening sky.
That's a nice choice. I like his work too... It makes me happy.
I like his work, and I am curious about yours... Do blog about it sometime!
Ooh I like his style as well! You are undoubtedly a great sculptor of your children :)
Thanks for sharing!
Do you know I considered posting Henry Moore too? I had to cut the list off somewhere, though if you check out my list of (just a few) artists, you will see the connection. !!! Until next week :^)
organic stuff! ohhh my god... i should do the cv again...
Sculpting children and their childhood is a fine art.
A good pick. More Moore!
Henri Moore, once you have seen a sculpture of him, you recognize him anywhere:) His art is also in one of my favorite sculpture museums in Europe is in Antwerp, Belgium (I'm originally from Holland).
Lovely!-thanks for sharing?
Post a Comment