Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.
January 18, 2011
corner view~organic form
This took me back to my art school days. I took this CV as an opportunity to give my girls an art lesson on form.
Annabel and I walked around the neighborhood with our cameras, with fresh eyes, noticing organic form in many places. Poor Sky is in bed with a sprained ankle. But I explained the term to her and we researched it on the internet.
Thanks Nadine for this idea. Next week's theme is my favorite fine artist (painter, sculptor, etc.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
24 comments:
nice collection, so, so inspiring... i am overly intrigued by the curlicue design on that tree bark too... yes, my eye always wanders... ha ha ha.
good luck to your girl, and to your assignment..!
Great form, and color!
Hope Sky's ankle is better soon.
This is a nice way of giving art lessons. Lovely pictures too :)
Nice pictures...And woo woo woo...:-(...for sprained ankles. Hope it's better soon.
Fantastic natural forms! Nature is the most creative designer I've ever met... ;o)
OOOh- I kind of like corner view as a way to learn about art! I used it as a lesson myself- but did the opposite- I went back through my photo library looking for through my work with a newly critical eye! Fine art- it will have to be an ode or homage to my relatives indeed- I'm fortunate enough to have a number in my family! I meant to mention too- the book that you shared with us a couple of months back that you were in with your painting and poem- I ended up giving that to my SIL who writes as a birthday present. I also have another poet friend whose birthday is coming up that I'm planning it for! Thanks so much for sharing!
What a beautiful series, for this difficult and rich topic. I love the way you illustrate it!
Have a nice day
I especially like the first one... Hope the ankle will not take too long to heal.
Lovely pics and what an opportunity to learn. I'm late posting ... as ever!!! but i'm inspired!!! :)
lovely photos. I'm sure it was time well spent with your daughter too.
The roots in the first photo look like the false roots my orchids send up. Neat photos.
You girls did a great job of gathering a wonderful collection. I hope Sky will be back on her feet real soon. xo
La nature est géniale !
Good job of form hunting!
I hope Sky is up and around soon.
oh YES! you found some good ones there! and so cool you were able to use it as a "teachable moment" (where DID that expression come from?) with the kids.
hey! hope sky gets back on her feet soon!
I would have loved to join this art lesson!
Incredible roots...love them...beautiful photos.
feel better, sky!
that top picture is so great. there's a whole story there, i think.
The first looks like something from Pan's Labyrinth and the second is just beautiful.
what happened to Sky? hope she's better!
Great colours and forms. Hope the sprained ankle is on the mend.
so beautiful ....
such wonderful forms!
hope Sky is feeling better!
These photos are so beautiful! And the next week's theme is interesting. xo
Post a Comment