My birthday this year (July 14, Bastille Day) was spent in Virginia visiting dear old friends, in fact the man who introduced me to my husband.
We were gone for forty days this summer. It was such a fun trip, but also a bit if a blur. When I look back at the photos I remember so many happy memories. But being away for so long is a bit chaotic.
We have always left home for the entire summer. But I am starting to feel like we need to rethink our trips. We shall see...
But back to Virginia. I loved walking around the wooded neighborhoods of McClean with my girls on my birthday, while Shawn played basketball for a straight hour. Then we all had dinner with our friends, take out Italian, and ended the night with some live music. I even sang into the microphone. My newest favorite song, "Smile," by Charlie Chaplin.
A few weeks later we came home to a newly remodeled dance room where I am learning to hook our TV up to Youtube via my computer for karaoke of our favorite songs. We are going to get a couple of cordless mics and practice singing and you guys better look out, I just might sing for you. Ha ha!




7 comments:
and... virginia is for lovers, isn't it? ;) a long, long break sounds wonderful, actually.
Sweet photos of you and your daughters. Happy belated birthday Theresa!
You; BraveHeart! i'm silently waiting for your cd to come...(?)
First pic of you and Skylar is so full of beautifull story's... Enjoy, Love
Happy Belated Birthday! And Virginia IS so beautiful -- your photos reflect that!
Virginia is lovely -- daughter just moved from McLean to Middleburg.
I can understand how being away so long can feel a bit chaotic. I bet home looks even better though!
Welcome home, Theresa. :>)
Vacation is less of a blur with all the pictures you took (and shared, thanks much). It's always good to land feet first at home.
Bring on the Karaoke ~ we may discover that you have a wonderful voice (which I feel certain you do).
Cheers ~ Conny
I was just kidding about you singing Theresa!Enjoy!
Post a Comment