Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

February 23, 2010

corner view~street photography

I love all of the color I was able to capture in this charming, laid back, small beach town, dotted with restaurants, artsy shops, galleries, a health food store, and an awesome brand new gelateria. (Is that a real word Francesca?)

This corner view experience is so much fun, and I have Jane to thank.  To me, every week I am given a creative challenge.  I actually majored in fine arts in college, studying mostly ceramics and metal sculpture.  I took one photography class.  But I was horrible at it because this was back in the days when photography meant making your own cameras, developing your own photographs, darkrooms, etc.  Mine always came out too dark and brooding, not enough contrast.  The technology got in the way of the creativity for me.

Fast forward some years...Enter digital photography.  Enter Theresa having a little free time.  Enter blogging.  Enter Spain Jane, as we affectionately call her.  And now I am blown away by how much fun I am having with photography, of all things!  It couldn't have come at a more perfect time.

Because I don't have welding equipment set up in my garage.  So blogging is my creative outlet.  When we artists are happy and enjoying life, looking to capture beauty all around us, being creative for some time every day, life is so much richer.  My girls are both doing CV as well, and it is becoming such a wonderful family experience.

Have a great week.  If you want to go back one post, we are doing a giveaway of our oldest daughter's music.  We will close it tonight at midnight Pacific time. 

For more corner views of street photography around the world, go to the sidebar here.        

35 comments:

jane said...

what a charming town! i think the surfer shot sums it up best for me- where is this? p.s. thanks for your kind words. :)

Kaylovesvintage said...

looks like a nice place

;) said...

Thanks for this beautiful walk (a lot of chairs to try ;)) and I agree with your definition of what an artist is... So you are... Read you soon !

Unknown said...

Great pics, what a colourful place. I especially love the closeups and the heart one.

But mostly, I'm so happy to hear you're having such a great time taking photos. Excellent! Yes, the world IS a richer place.

(btw, your blogger profile still leads to the old blog....)

Jenna said...

Very sweet post! :)

Crescent Moon said...

Your pictures are fantastic! They're so colorful and fun looking. Where is this?

Megan Coyle said...

I like all the sights you've captured - the colors are lovely.

Victoria | Hibiscus Bloem said...

Theresa, what lovely pictures of the beach town. I want to pack a bag and come over right now. I shall take a look at your girls' CVs now.

Juana said...

Great pics Theresa! Yes, technologies allows us to make it better...but all those white and black photographies!... Oh, but I am an old romantic lady!lol
Love "gelateria" too!

McGillicutty said...

These shots are just awesome!! I love seeing where people live or visit. I have dropped the ball and overlooked my CV this week!!! Gahhh... must do better, I think I'll post tomorrow cos I love the streets here.
Jane is pretty wonderful isn't she?

Shokoofeh said...

Aw these are really lovely photos!

And thank you so much for the comment. Dear, there is no "secret"! I just edit my photos in Adobe Lightroom or Photoshop. There isn't a filter. just playing with colors and levels. Maybe I will start some easy "how to process" on my blog.

:)
xo

sarapirat said...

oh, and your blog is a lovely corner! i tried leaving you a comment already, but somehow i think i did it somewhere way back in history...cause i got lost! enjoyed peeking back so much.

Joyce said...

Your photos did capture the small town feel in the sun. Yes where is this cool place? xo

shayndel said...

Such uplifting streets and a joyous post. Happy picture-taking to you!!

Anonymous said...

oh heck. i forgot all about CV. life has a way of getting in the way :)

but enjoying watching all the CVs today.

kyndale said...

I too love all the color! I need to get back into doing the corner view. I've been a little lost about that! You live in a really cool town! I just wanted to add that someone gave me a kiln. I've done ceramics before but this is a huge step to start doing my own. I may need some advice!! :) Kyndale

Janis said...

I love the funky and arty feel of this place! Flat Bread - mmmmm :^)

...and yes, isn't this digital age amazing and freeing? And a big hooray for Jane and CV too!!!

Emily said...

Bustling and colorful! I want to walk there!

(I'm glad you've taken a new interest in photography. Your shots are not to be missed!)

denise said...

looks like a great town- and beaches, sunshine, shorts, surfboards? sigh.

Valerie said...

I really enjoyed this visit in photo with you :) thanks for sharing & picking this corner view theme !

Valerie said...

btw too cool your DDs went to blogging as well, glad you're all having fun, ladies !
photography is such a good way to document your day-to-day life...

Cate said...

oh, i wish i could be there right now. it looks so full of air and sunshine and warmth.

and thank goodness that your creativity is trickling into photography. digital seems so much freer, doesn't it? and less expensive for that matter.

great view!

Elizabeth said...

What wonderful photos you've taken! I especially love the color blue of that chair...

Happy Corner View! Now I'm off to check out your daughters!

Di said...

Lovely shots! It's nice to see some sun and warmth even if it's on the internet....it's been grey and snowy and cold all day here!

Daan said...

and so sunny!

Dana said...

good for you.
I love to see this side of america. thanks for the images -- they, too, are inspiring.
D

Anonymous said...

oh lucky you !!! the sun is there...

la ninja said...

I was always rubbish at the "technical bits" too (still am, mind you).

these are lovely and you seem to have all the girls in the family hooked now, right?

soisses-dasleben said...

really charming... like what i see. especially the colours everywhere!!!

have a nice day, yours dani

liza said...

Ahhhh - warmth! Thank you for the happy vacation I just took in your town!

Ian said...

The couple at the table seem truly unaware that you were photographing them. Superb.

Francesca said...

So many things to "enter"! Sounds like this is a good time for you, Theresa. You live in a wonderful corner of the world, and have a very special wonderful family. Welding equipment is all around you:)!

Nicola said...

cute cute town!
nicola
http://whichname.blogspot.com

Grey Lemon said...

Nice photos, very colorful and sunny! It's great to visit your streets... the atmosphere seems really cool!

Kari said...

what a great looking town.
lovely photos.