Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

December 8, 2009

corner view~evening

photo by my daughter, Sky

Happy week everyone!  Here are some of my favorite evening photos taken over the last year.  There are images of tropical evenings, mixed in with summertime after dinner strolls through Venice and Paris.  I generally do best shooting with natural light so evening for me and my camera means sunset, or right after.  For more perspectives on "evening" throughout the world go to the sidebar here at spain daily.

And, to celebrate winter, I will leave you with one of my all time favorite poems, which is about an evening jaunt...

Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
by Robert Frost


Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village, though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

15 comments:

Skylar said...

What nice pictures!!

Daan said...

and so warm evenings, mmmmm

caramelcaramelo said...

lovely! and beautiful poem by frost. thank you for sharing. kenza

Francesca said...

Wow. I'd love to see the sun setting in the ocean every night! Do you have that view from your house?

;) said...

Perfect evenings... around the world...

Conny said...

I love it all - the pictures and the poem. Evening would be my favorite time of day if it contained all that. Thanks for sharing some today.

Jeannette said...

Oh...how I wouldn´t mind to spend my evenings on the beach or in Paris! ;)
Have a wonderful week!

Janis said...

Such beautiful photos, and thank you for the poem... :)

kyndale said...

I love the water! Thanks for bringing me there.

Kari said...

beautiful photos. Sea and sky - you can't go wrong.
lovely.

Isabelle said...

great shots !!

la ninja said...

stunning. all of them (what's this about being better with day light? they're great.)

frost. oh frost.

likeschocolate said...

What lovely photos! Your daughter did a good job at taking the photo of the Eifel Tower at night.

Anonymous said...

beautiful photos!

jane said...

wonderful shots! stopping by the woods is one of the first poems i memorized as a kid... p.s. i think it´s safe to say "yay!" besos!