Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

December 13, 2009

garden herbs

I have been using wonderful fresh herbs from our garden in my daily cooking.  Things grow so fast here, it is rewarding, especially to have the plants year round.  I have several types of basil to choose from, plus fennel, dill, oregano, sage, rosemary, parsley.  Gotta find me some thyme, so I can sing Scarborough Fair.

There's fruits and veggies too - chard, kale, all sorts of lettuces, tomatoes, broccoli, caulifower, several types of peppers, onions, cucumbers, zucchini, papayas, lilikoi, and of course, my favorite - arugula.  I also have tulsi (holy basil) -- a whole garden area dedicated to this special plant.  I am beginng a small nursery and selling off tulsi starts to fellow gardeners.  It is very popular dried as a tea. 
 
For more on our family's gardening and my other green pursuits see my other blog, "The Green Mama."  http://greeniemama.blogspot.com/

I have been writing this blog for about a year.  I post here less frequently than I do to All of Us.  I am trying to decide whether to keep it or to combine them into one blog.  Any comments? 

3 comments:

Francesca said...

Please, please combine them! All of you is also your garden, after all:)

Anonymous said...

I love both Blogs and enjoy seeing them separately. That way All of Us can be more fmaily and creativity focused, and The Green Mama can go all out and do her thing with laser focus. Love your writing! -- Secret Admirer

Ana Cristina Abreu said...

hi theresa

thanks for your comment on my blog

you pics are beautiful

happy week for you