
Tonight I went out to get the laundry off the line. Shawn came to help me. "Look Mom, it's a wishing star!" he exclaimed, as he noticed the first star in the night sky.
"Make a wish!" I said, and he jumped into my arms, facing the star.
"Please wishing star, help me be a good kid. Help me be a good drummer when I grow up, and be a good drummer as a kid. And, please help me be like Daddy." I asked him how he wanted to be like Daddy.
He replied, "Being kind. Daddy has his own great personality! He's perfect, well not perfect, but..."
Then he walked to the trampoline and got sprayed by the sprinkler, and the moment was over.
"Make a wish!" I said, and he jumped into my arms, facing the star.
"Please wishing star, help me be a good kid. Help me be a good drummer when I grow up, and be a good drummer as a kid. And, please help me be like Daddy." I asked him how he wanted to be like Daddy.
He replied, "Being kind. Daddy has his own great personality! He's perfect, well not perfect, but..."
Then he walked to the trampoline and got sprayed by the sprinkler, and the moment was over.
2 comments:
Lucky dad !!! And lucky mum !!! A beautiful post... That's Happiness !
I think your boy will be a good drummer. He'll be good.
Post a Comment