Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

May 20, 2009

ten things i'm loving right now

1. Anticipation. We leave for our summer trip in 13 days.

2. Kid cuteness. Lovin' my kid's art, especially our youngest. Also his attempt at writing and spelling, he keeps little journals and sketchbooks and writes things like "I LUV EVREWUN IN YR FEMIEY KAY AND WISLR." Kay is the neighbor and Whistler is her dog. Or "I RILE LUV U IM JUST MAD I LOVE U 1000 GALINS."

3. Homeschooling lifestyle. Even this mess isn't bothering me. This is unusual for this particularly tidy child. However there were multiple projects happening that day. School French poster, blogging, photography, science homework, counting money for the charity boxes, making the charity boxes, and playing dolls.

4. Feeling really peaceful. I can't explain why but it is very obvious lately. Even with the above mess.

5. Packing, organizing, going through our clothes, deciding what to take to Italy and France, and California and New York.

6. Doing Sky's CD cover with Isa, a sweet young designer. You will have to wait and see this.

7. The kids. Here they are preparing for yellow belt Taekwondo testing this week.

8. My garden. Watering weeding, harvesting. Also I have successfully saved our lawn and filled in the dead areas with seed. It looks great now.

9. Being busy. And productive. I like having a long to do list and am surprised at how much I have done, and how relaxing this month is in preparation for a 3 month trip.

10. The constant music, all of our offspring and my husband make around here, of course. Gary is doing a house concert this weekend too. We haven't done that since 2003, it will be fun.

3 comments:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

What a beautiful list... actually, I think it's your point of view that is beautiful.

gardenmama said...

"I LOVE U 1000 GALINS." How sweet!!
Beautiful list and photography!
Thanks for your comment on my blog, that means so much! : )

Francesca said...

Wow, so many things! The music, the activity, the gardening, the well used floor (FINALLY a photo of a messy room in a blog!), the planning (three months?!) ... The house concert sounds great: have fun!