Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

August 29, 2016

visit with mom and dad

There weren't many photos taken on this trip but that in no way reflects a lack of enthusiasm and happiness I felt being with my parents. 

Gary took Annabel and Shawn home and on the way stopped off and visited a college. I took Sky to upstate NY to see my mom and dad. We were there for my birthday. We relaxed, watched movies, went for ice cream, made nice meals. I painted my parents' mailbox. It was just what the doctor ordered.

I love the old family portrait, and especially how we are all looking to the side, smiling. I'm sitting on my father's lap. Both my parents and I are smiling. My brother is thinking about it. Even baby sister is looking. Someone got all of our attention and captured an adorable moment.

I come from a small town filled with wholesome, kind-hearted good people. Whenever I return I realize that, and I am proud to be from there.

No comments: