We've been living in California for exactly five months now.
We have been in our new mini house for a little over two weeks and we all like it. It's cozy and pretty and it's starting to feel like home. The kids are adjusting to living in one room together. I have found ways to store their clothes and have bought some new kitchen things and a mini vacuum. It's easy to keep the house clean. I'm hoping to plant a few flowers outside and a small veggie garden. We shall see.
We have this house rented on a month-to-month basis. Our landlady told us today she wants a longer term commitment, so she might find another renter, so we have to keep looking. We are hoping to get a trade, but we will have to see. I am trying to find something.
She is a really sweet lady and she likes us. Today Sky played her a song and afterwards, she wiped a tear away, and hugged and kissed Sky.
I like it here.
I am getting to know my way around. I have made a couple of friends. The kids are having fun. This weekend Annabel went ice skating with friends and Shawn was invited for a sleepover.
This place is interesting with its self driving cars, cute cafes, windy roads and modern mansions next to horse barns. Everyone you meet is a scientist, inventor, doctor, or tech person. Annabel is thrilled to have made friends from all over the world - Russia, Spain, France, China, India, Africa. She is constantly telling us that she is the only one in her group of friends that speaks just one language, which makes her want to learn Spanish.
One of my new friends was found because she came to help me as a house cleaner. But she is a massage therapist from Canada studying to take the exam to get her license in California. When I asked if I could hire her for massage she offered to massage me for free, so she could get her confidence as she enters into this new stage of her professional life. She is a really sweet person. I could see her becoming a good friend.
I've always believed, but now I know...there is a God.

2 comments:
you walked a long road in five months! hope you don't have to move again soon, but if you do - I'm sure there's no family like yours capable to handle a move!
SO happy you are settling in! I could see liking living in the area too! We were there this summer and if it weren't for the dang house prices we would be there in a heart beat. Happy Holidays! Saying a prayer that you can stay in your house for a little longer since you are traveling this summer.
Post a Comment