Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

March 11, 2014

corner view~travel

When we take a trip from home we are temporarily suspended into an alternate reality with different sights, sounds, smells, and experiences.  We interact with new people, and go to places that are different from our normal routine.  We come up with new ideas, and reflect on our life.  

For me, there is almost always a renewal when I travel.

I just returned from a trip to California to see a close friend.  I went by myself. It has been many years since I have made a trip like this.  I loved being with my friend and her husband and young daughter.  I loved seeing her home, helping her plant Mexican sage, roses and lavender, taking walks in her neighborhood, going out for lunch, the nut butters and goat milk caramel sauce from their farmer's market, learning to solar cook (more on that soon!!), being on the Stanford campus (I went to a talk), our movie nights, and reading stories to my friends' daughter.  And I loved coming home to my family and my beautiful clean home, that my family took such good care of. Thanks guys, love you!

9 comments:

simply bev said...

Such a wonderful old tree! I love the tin buckets of daffodils too. I'm ready for Spring!

tanĂ¯a said...

Seems you've had a really wonderful time! I'm totally amazed by that huge tree!

likeschocolate said...

The Stanford campus is amazing! So happy you were able to go see your friend.

Heather said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip and would be a great annual pilgrimage :-)

Kristin said...

That sounds like a good time in the distance. I like it a lot, when I return from traveling in my home and it is as if I discover anything new.

Menthe Blanche said...

I understand how you feel: it's great to leave but coming home is not bad either! :)

Francesca said...

solar cook? sounds very intriguing!

nadine paduart said...

:)))
a winning trip all ways...!
n♥

Bonnie said...

sounds like the perfect trip ... and the perfect return!