Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

March 25, 2014

corner view~close by

Baseball season is upon us.  Gary is coaching Shawn's team this year.  Their practice field is close by, and it hugs the coast so the boys get some nice views of the sea.  As they drive home from practice, the sun is beginning to set in the west.

I took Shawn to the batting cages today, the eleventh day of their two week spring break. Opening day is this Saturday!  Shawn's team plays their first game that day, and he is hoping he'll get lucky and be able to throw the first pitch.

9 comments:

Francesca said...

i wouldn't mind taking my boys to practice if that were the view! and who knows, if that were really that view, I might even want to practice myself! :)

simply bev said...

What a fantastic place to have a practice!

Menthe Blanche said...

This view...as Francesca, I was ready to see a training or even participate... :) although I don't know the rules of baseball :D

Kristin said...

Wow, that's a great view. I would drive a lot of sport - and my inner pig dog would stay at home - with this great view.

Heather said...

Fingers crossed that he gets to toss the first pitch! I played softball as a girl and has HORRIBLE at it. However, perhaps I would have put in extra practice had I had that view!

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't mind either to watch the training there even though I don't know the rules :)

likeschocolate said...

A fantastic view!

Redeker said...

hahaa...for me the theme close by...i would never think of that a sport comes close by!
well, i'm not that sporty!!

what a great picture.

Karyn Taylor-Moore said...

Even I might like baseball if I could practice in a place like this! Those palm trees! That gorgeous light!! Wow!