Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.
December 25, 2013
christmas eve
On Christmas eve I made squash soup, salad and vegetables for dinner. The day was kind of chaotic, with all the amplified music and last minute gift wrapping and emotions. I felt homesick this year and called my parents to say hello. That really cheered me up. My mom always made holidays so special when we were kids, and sometimes I really miss those days, going to my grandparents, making hard candy, singing songs around the piano, making wreaths from ground pine, playing touch football in the snow with my brothers and sister. After a few tears and a hug from Gary I felt better. Then Shawn and I made cookies. Soon the girls joined in, which I figured would happen. I had been planning to do this all week and it was time. After dinner we decorated our tree, listening to Christmas music. It was the perfect ending to the holiday rush. And soon I will tell you about Christmas day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
There was a lot of Christmas blues going around, but I'm happy that yours were lifted! Your children are so beautiful, Teresa -- you are blessed beyond measure!
i know your kids will look back, and remember with fondness the christmas days you made for them - even if they don't involve wreaths from ground pines or snow!
Seriously, your kids get more and more beautiful!
I love your tree! so pretty!
Happy Belated Christmas to you!
Post a Comment