Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

November 4, 2013

ok i lied

There is one more summer post...

Because I had to show you the cinnamon buns my friend brought us on our first morning in Woodacre, before the sun welcomed the day, me still in my warm pajamas and socks, packing Shawn his first lunch for his first day of baseball camp.  She showed up on the porch and completely surprised me.

It is good to have friends like this.

I also had to show you the picture of Gabe's Bar Mitzvah, somewhat non-traditional, in a garden setting, with a rabbi who sang as much as he talked. Gabe gave a very wise and moving speech.  It was a great experience for us all, and touching to hear these words from a young teen.

And I had to show you Sky and her berries.  Because she is as cute as can be with her purple stained hands.  

2 comments:

likeschocolate said...

It's ok -we forgive you! Yummy buns! What a fun ceremony! So what did you make with the berries?

Francesca said...

I have a sense that you and your family would find friends wherever you go.