Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

September 10, 2013

yosemite

I have always wanted to see Yosemite.  Despite the heatwave, it was incredible. Of course we did lots of hiking.  We stayed at the Ahwahnee Hotel.  It was very special. The kids loved the falls.  I am so grateful for our national parks.  We ate at their restaurant where men and boys were required to dress in collared shirts.  That evening we sat in their large lobby in front of a fireplace, not burning, and made funny faces with fake smiles, laughing til our sides hurt. Sometimes you need to be a fool.     

4 comments:

likeschocolate said...

Love this place! My parents took me there multiple times as a child and I would love to take my children there.

Elizabeth said...

Yes, Yosemite. The most beautiful place on earth.

Francesca said...

it must have been really special. it's so sad to think of the fires that are still burning there!

KathyA said...

Beautiful!

We've visited Joshua Tree and are planning on seeing Yellowstone (Jellystone? :)) I, too, am so thankful for our National Parks. Yosemite is on our list as well.