Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

May 21, 2013

corner view~flowers

I walked around our property today and snapped this shot of red ginger, a flower I am going to plant more of very soon.  I think it is smiling and happy to be living here with us.

This variety of ginger is a magestic plant that thrives in our conditions.  We are working to get our irrigation system providing ample water for our plants, so when we leave town they will be happy.  It seems we are succeeding.

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I've never seen this before. A very stunning colour!

simply bev said...

I've never seen this type of flower before...thank you for sharing this! Yes, it seems to be very happy :)

nadine paduart said...

hooray!
the original ginger?
n♥

Kasia said...

So pretty and it looks so exotic to me. Thank you for sharing!

Bonnie said...

it is beautiful. is it an edible ginger?

Francesca said...

is that the same as the ginger root used in cooking? i t would be great to be able to grow it!