Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

September 13, 2011

corner view~iconic

A symbol of strength and power.  The Eiffel Tower is massive.  To stand underneath it, you feel so small, and you are stunned at the amount of solid material it took to construct such a thing.

To ride to the top and see the city below the Eiffel Tower is a wonderful experience as well.  Because it is also a symbol of perspective.
And we could all use a little of that, in my opinion.

Me included. :)

14 comments:

Debra said...

Ah, this was my first thought when I heard the word "iconic." Nobody builds great, useless structures anymore. I guess the governments are too busy bailing out banks.

sophie said...

Massive, solid, perspective... I'll add beautifull and delicate, though the tons of iron...

Kristin said...

Wonderful - a week ago I'm standing under the Eiffel Tower. He is tall and iconic. But I'm not gone out - so many people.

Francesca said...

what a fun photo of your girls having fun!

Joyce said...

She is an icon indeed and a beautiful one I never get tired of looking at. xo

KathyA said...

Loved visiting the Eiffel Tower!!

Kari said...

great photo of your girls. I remember standing under it and thinking exactly the same thing....

Menthe Blanche said...

Yes, the "Tour Eiffel" is the typical symbol of Paris and France as well. I like it!

Heather said...

Great one! I would love to ice skating on it sometime. Wouldn't that be fabulous?!

likeschocolate said...

Love the Eiffel!

nadine paduart said...

well if madame iconic, the eiffel tower, didn't come from a parisian, then i'm only too glad to find her on your pages... i am quite in love with her, whenever i see her popping up from a train or bus ride, when i'm over...
perspective, for sure (but i'm prone to vertigo, so i haven't been up to the highest platform. will not ever, i guess...)
n♥

Beth said...

I have never seen it in person, but can imagine the awe i would feel. It is truly an icon. I esp. love the fun pic of your girls. :>)

flowtops said...

Yes, truly iconic. I've visited a couple of times when I was younger, once even went all the way up. (Funny thing is, it's bigger on the inside! Looks so small up there from the ground, but really, the top is not small at all!)

la ninja said...

icon IS the word :)