It has been a long and busy week in LA. The girls are going to acting boot camp five hours a day, each girl goes three separate days a week. Yesterday I cooked lunch at the camp for twenty kids, homemade marinara sauce and noodles, garlic bread, salad with mandarin oranges. It was a lot of fun. We are searching for a place back home to live for two months when we return. We are keeping our active little boy as busy as possible, which involves visits to the parks, hikes, walks in the neighborhood, games, playing ball in our courtyard here. We are getting the girls started in schoolwork online as much as possible. Tomorrow Sky gets her hair cut and gets ready to film another six shows next week. The show will be released to the public very soon. We have seen it, it is great! Both of the girls have taken dance classes at this really cool dance studio here. We are also shopping, cooking, and generally finding our way around in a big city...having fun.
We have booked our flight home at the end of the month. But for now we are trying to enjoy our time and the opportunities in this place that is so different from our home.
And so tonight, when we had no water due to a plumbing mix up so I couldn't cook, and we had to change plans at the last minute, we decided to meet our invited dinner guests at the farmer's market. I was so happy to discover this place, way at the top of a hill overlooking the city. There we met the girls' acting coach, and a bunch of families in town for boot camp for dinner. And for a few hours, while we ate great food, listened to live music, talked and laughed, and the kids painted flower pots and danced and consumed all sorts of treats, I had a family here.
3 comments:
So gald you're having such a great time in LA!
And whatever it is on the first photo- I want it! Looks so delicious!
looks like a wonderful time -- I don't know that part of Los Angeles at all!
What a lovely place. I hope you find just the right place for those two months.
Post a Comment