Isn't it amazing how one seemingly "tiny" thing can change your life?
Like when my mom, in her early twenties, decided at the last minute to take a road trip with some friends, and it was there that she met my father?
Sometimes things may seem tiny, and insignificant at the time, but when we look back, we see how massive they actually were, and how they began a whole chain of events that led us to where we are.
...and a p.s. to those who haven't seen this, please visit my last post, and check out the link to my daughter Skylar's first show, "Ask Skylar."
16 comments:
It is nice to think that most things have meaning, even those considered tiny.
Major Kuddos to SKYLAR!!! What a girl! I watched both and she is simply awesome. How blessed you are to have such a neat kid, T.
Ciao,
D
Yesterday I took again, after a long time, my Tolstoï "War & Peace" and I just read a couple of pages about how history is a chain of tiny events, peoples, decisions, that come together to make events or characters are important. As you said, tiny decisions, tiny moves on one side in place of the other side, and you change your destiny. Hope that your tiny moves (not so tiny, actually) are building a great family and personal history !
Have a great day
You're right. There often are the tiny moments that change your life. A very nice post.
Beautiful tiny... moment.
Now, I go and ask Skylar ;)
Yes, it's often a tiny moment that changes our life in a different direction. I sometimes wonder what would have happened if I did a tiny little thing different. By cioncidence I saw "Lola rennt" (= "Run, Lola, run") yesterday, a german film which is exactly about that...changing the course of a story by changing tiny details!
Exactly my thoughts. Love hearing bits and pieces about your mother (also in last cornerview :))
Nice conceptual take on "tiny."
yes it is amazing to think about :)
Very true. I found a career when I went to the student union for a soda. And I would normally go to one of the bars/restaurants across the street for a drink. A tiny step off my normal routine and voila - a career path.
You know I can't check the link because of our tiny italian village connection - but I will at the first chance. Hope this will begin a good chain of events for Sky!
I to like those tiny detours in life. xo
PS I will post about Sky soon. I pinky swear. :)
ooooooooooooh, skylar's looking good on the photo (hear me, as if i know the girl, but i do see changes....). and agreed, you know! tiny efforts make grand changes. i have always loved the lever effect...
n♥
So true. One timid phone call 15 years ago irrevocably changed my life. I left a message. He returned it. We met--our first date for over 22 years. We just celebrated 13 years of marriage: a union that "completed" both of us.
One phone call.
This was a great post for this concept.
I am just now being able to sit at the computer from an illness. I will check out Skylar soon and let you know. I'm looking forward to it. :>)
yes, it's like the movie 'sliding doors'. you never know what is meant to be.
So true! My mum's friend was going on a double blind date but the other girl pulled out at the last minute. She persuaded my very reluctant mum to take the place of the other girl... and guess what? Yes, the man she had the blind date with is my dad!
It is amazing how such tiny things can have a huge impact for good or for bad. I am trying to teach my boys this that their choices have an effect for good and for bad.
Post a Comment