forest in France
Ever since I was a little girl my favorite hang out has been the forest. Growing up in the countryside in New York we had a small forest in our back yard -- My brothers made up a version of baseball using hard rounded pine cones. They played this in our back yard for hours. We would walk down our street past our two neighbors, then there was open forest land and cornfields as far as you could see. I spent many hours of my childhood roaming this land, picking flowers for my mother, playing hide and seek with my siblings. Although there were certain woodland flowers we were not allowed to touch, somehow I could distinguish those from the "weeds."
My grandparents also lived in the country in Pennsylvania, and we would walk up their street to "the woods," as they called it there. In the wintertime my grandfather would pick ground pine and make beautiful wreaths out of this woodland treasure.
I love how forests everywhere nourishes me -- walking among the tall trees on a hot day, shaded by their magnificance, embraced by their gigantic branches. I love the tiny ferns, mosses, berries and wildflowers that grow there. I love deer, squirrels, chipmunks, racoons, wild birds. I love the smell of forest dirt, layer upon layer of leaves and bark that have been left untouched.
I also love open natural spaces, vast expanses of green, and the feeling I get when I see them -- I want to explore into the openness. "If I walk for five minutes," I tell myself, "I will be surrounded by nature, and only nature."
I guess green is my color.
Pittsford, New York
path in San Ramon, California
castle in the Dordogne region, France
park in Paris
reservoir in Lafayette, California
To see various people's favorite hang outs around the world go here.












17 comments:
all these places look great and would love to visit each of them ...
Nice cv!, peaceful places...
Wow great forests!
The forest is a magic place, the home of fairies, gnomes, elves ...
Wow... what beautiful landscapes and what a wonderful childhood you had too. Lots of exploration and peace - the best...
I too love to walk in the forests. I find it energising and uplifting with the wonderful colours and light. Usually my son is halfway up a tree, and I'm worried he's about to fall down, so its not always relaxing, but still, its great just being out together and enjoying nature. Lovely photos.
not bad choices at all. not at all.
Lovely, I enjoy walking in the forest as well. When we go to Germanyy, I always make sure to go walking in the forest behind my mother-in-laws house.
these are beautiful images. i´m the same way. i love going for long walks in the mountain. the minute the air changes (to fresh) my mood always gets better. hugs!
I, too, am a lover of the "woods." Lovely photos.
To me, there is nothing better than finding yourself deep in a lush, green, wooded paridise. I grew up in the mountains of West Virginia and you can imagine that there are plenty of woods around... you just can't compare anything to that deep, fresh, earthy smell. I'm a green girl too!
I would love to get lost in those forest, just to go around and listen to nature´s breath.
lovely! i also love trees! so much life! thank you for this beautiful corner. kenza.
I love that too! But in town it's easier to find bookstores ;-)
Yes, there are some great forests in California. I recognized those places immediately. I love that you included visiting the trees in your corner view.
beautiful phots
Wow, you've found such wonderful places in nature to hang out in.
Beautiful!
Post a Comment