Shawn and I lived in Amma's California ashram for a month while he finished his semester of ninth grade. He did really well in school and made the honor roll. Meanwhile Gary was back home, holding down the fort for us. I loved being at the ashram, surrounded by good hearted people. Shawn and I spent lots of time digging holes for 200 trees to be planted on the grounds. I got to visit a couple times with a dear friend, watched Shawn sing in school holiday choir concert, and we continued to feed the homeless on the Oakland streets with a group of friends. We went one night to see people's homes lit up by colorful lights in anticipation of Christmas. Shawn had a friend sleep over and they built a cool fort. They pulled an all nighter, they had a blast, and slept the next day away. A right of passage for a teen. We left California right before Christmas. It was good to get home.
No comments:
Post a Comment