Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

January 21, 2015

for my children~grace

Dear Sky, Annabel and Shawn,
This is my first in a series I will be writing to you over the next few years.  It has occurred to me that there are some things I want to tell you, some life lessons I hope will help you as you grow up. These are things I have come to learn as I have lived my life.  I hope you find them helpful.
Love,
Mom

Grace is always there.  Sometimes, we just need to get out of the way.  It's our ego that gets us in trouble.  It's good to pray to God and ask for what we want.  It helps us to get clear about what we are trying to manifest in our lives.  But sometimes, instead of praying, and acting like a bit of a beggar, we might try considering that God knows, and sees us going through our lives.  He sees our struggles. And maybe then we can try to go on with our business, living our lives the best that we can, and trusting that we are indeed in good hands.

It seems to me that Grace will flow more readily to us when we have a humble heart.

2 comments:

Cobalt Violet said...

Beautiful photo ... beautiful words.
Happy 2015 to you! I'm a little behind! :)

likeschocolate said...

So true! I needed those words of our Ego. My ego was hurt today by a good friend and I am really trying to feel his grace and not take offense by what was said. Sometimes the ego gets in the way, but I am trying. My husband did shed a little light that sometimes written words may seem more harsh than they were tended too. The comment was made via e-mail. Hoping they were not meant to sound harsh.