Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

October 22, 2014

corner view~stranger

While we were in Europe this summer my oldest daughter remarked at how beautiful the Italian people are.  I agree.  

Due to my new camera lens, I was able to capture shots of strangers like never before, from a comfortable distance.  Still, in a way I felt like maybe I was being a little invasive.  On the other hand, I love the way these photos capture certain moments, of rest, of play, of connection, of contemplation from the Italian and French people. Both of these cultures are ones I enjoy being around. After all, my ancestors were from France.    

11 comments:

Skylar said...

Haha!! I literally wrote about how beautiful Italians were for my corner view. XD

Unknown said...

Lovely shots...that is something I would love to do more...but my lens are not so flexible...

Francesca said...

well, i couldn't agree more :)
what lens is it? i need one too!

Redeker said...

good looking guy on the last shot! ;-)

but i love how you've captured the italian people, must be a good camera you got!

Menthe Blanche said...

Very nice shots!!! As Francesca I need a new lens too :)

Heather said...

Beautiful strangers - esp the last one... no wedding ring. Where did you find him? I may need to go there SOON :-)

likeschocolate said...

They are beautiful!

Kristin said...

italian clothing can perfect. it seems to them to be in the blood. they have always tasty.

jane said...

yeah- these are really awesome. they also look so happy. :)
x

nadine paduart said...

hooray for powerful lenses, and like daughter like mum, like mum, like daughter... :))) n♥

Beth said...

I love these photos! What fun that new lens must be! :>)