Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

May 11, 2014

mothers

So many of the photos I have of my mom include my children.

She was there helping me each time a new baby came into our family.
My kids adore her.  She is fun, creative, thoughtful, considerate, generous, classy, funny, a superb cook, and always has a warm smile to greet us when we visit.  Gary wants to add that she is also great to be on vacation with!  As an adult I really enjoy time with my mom. We have so much fun shopping, going out to lunch, talking walks, and of course, talking.

I still can remember the time I came home in tears over problems with peers, and she rocked me in the rocking chair and hugged me, even though I was twelve, my knobby kneed legs dangling.  There is nothing like a mother.

We live far away and so we have to make the most of visits.  I hope someday to be able to live closer to my parents.

My kids tell me that I'm a great mom.  I tell them I learned from the best.

Happy Mother's Day Mom!

Love you.

3 comments:

likeschocolate said...

So happy you have a wonderful mother! Happy Mother's Day!

Le monde dÖ said...

Wonderful message...

Le monde dÖ said...

... for two wonderful mothers ;)