Then you get in a car and drive, sweating it out as the car temperature gauge reads 100 degrees. You drive up the mountain, winding through Mill Valley to a beautiful inn. By the time you arrive the temperature has dropped into the 70's. The air is magic, oxygen like no other, and you can smell the eucalyptus trees and the pine trees. You take a deep breath and realize that now, yes, you are on vacation.
Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.
August 22, 2013
mountain home inn, muir woods
Then you get in a car and drive, sweating it out as the car temperature gauge reads 100 degrees. You drive up the mountain, winding through Mill Valley to a beautiful inn. By the time you arrive the temperature has dropped into the 70's. The air is magic, oxygen like no other, and you can smell the eucalyptus trees and the pine trees. You take a deep breath and realize that now, yes, you are on vacation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
I've always loved that it's called Cathedral Grove --
Beautiful!
I still remember my time in Muir Woods---how awe-struck I was. I have a tree stump pencil hold that still sits by my computer. Wonderful memories. (And it was esp. nice that the heat did not follow us into that sanctuary of nature.)
Post a Comment