Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

February 27, 2012

good friends and angels and waterfalls

We have had the great blessing of a few friends visiting this winter.  And whenever people visit, we get to take them to special places.  Like waterfalls. 

Earlier in the month some of our best friends came from Virginia.  I met this couple in the 90's when I was in graduate school, he and I worked together in a psychiatric hospital.  They adopted me into their family.  And I babysat for their sweet kids, who are now all grown up, which is a bit of a trip for me!  

He is our angel.  Gary had known him since college.  He introduced me to Gary's music in 1991, when I was a grad student in art therapy.  I became an instant fan.  I met Gary in 1993, at his encouragement, and the rest as "they" say, is history.

3 comments:

Cobalt Violet said...

Looks like a wonderful time! So great seeing old friends. Beautiful waterfall!

Francesca said...

I mistook Annabel for Sky in that first photo (of her), and wondered how her hair had grown so fast! :) They really look alike, it's the first time I notice it.

Elizabeth said...

Such beautiful pictures -- everyone looks like angels!